Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Collects, analyzes, and summarizes relevant data from the patient and/or medical record, including:
o Anthropometric and laboratory information
o Diet orders
o Nutrition history
o Medical concerns
· Interprets lab values and estimates nutrient requirements based on:
o Medical condition
o Level of activity
· Completes physician orders in accordance with facility policy. Demonstrates the ability to prioritize patient care according to acuity level and policy.
· Completes comprehensive patient nutritional reassessments, addressing previously identified nutrition-related problems. Collaborates with nursing to complete nutrition screening for all patients within 24 hours of admission.
· Demonstrates dependability, to include attendance and punctuality
· Documents all aspects of patient nutritional services in patient medical record.
What You Will Need:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics required
Experience applying customer service behaviors and communication skills required.
Registered Dietitian (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registration and Florida State Licensure is required; or achieves registration and state licensure within the first six months upon hire
The Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing optimal nutritional care to patients, which complies with the Joint Commission, CHS and the standards of care in the dietetic profession. Responsible for the medical nutrition therapy of patients; nutritional assessment, nutrition care plans, patient visitation, inpatient/outpatient diet counseling, monitors high nutritional risk patient (nutrition support) as well as assist in other areas related to the Food and Nutrition Services Department.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.